Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the AWSAR (Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research) website. This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms on which you may:
- a. use the AWSAR website at www.awsar-dst.in (the "Site");
- b. register as a user of the Site;
- c. make use of the Materials.
Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the Site, upload material or content, you should understand that by using the Site, uploading any material or content you signify your acceptance of the Terms and that you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please refrain from using or visiting the Site.
Using the Site
Information about Us
The Site is owned and operated by Vigyan Prasar whose registered office is at Delhi C-24, Qutab Institutional Area Behind Qutab Hotel, New Delhi.
What we collect
This section explains the personal information that may be collected at the time of registration.
- Contact details, such as your full name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Educational, nationality and professional background information
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content submitted
- Interests and communication preferences; and
- Location information (e.g. through mobile apps).
How we protect personal information
Any personal information given to us will be treated with the utmost care and security. This section sets out some of the security measures in place.
A variety of physical and technical measures is used to keep data safe and prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of personal information.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information, using both physical and electronic means. Our colleagues receive data protection training, and we have detailed security and data protection policies that colleagues are required to follow when handling personal data.
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that your personal information is kept secure from unauthorised access, but we cannot guarantee it will be secure during the transmission process to this website because this transmission is not controlled by us. We make use of HTTPS (HTTP Secure) whereby the communication protocol is encrypted via Transport Layer Security for secure communication over a computer network. The website is loaded via HTTPS, represented by the lock icon in your web browser, which ensures the transmission is secure and is demonstrated by a certificate issued by an official security certificate authority to us.
- At many places in this website, you shall find links to other websites/portals. The links have been placed for your convenience. Vigyan Prasar is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this Portal should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind.
- We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.
- There is no need for permission for linking directly to our website until unless otherwise specified.
- However, we would expect a communication from your side to inform us about any links provided to our site.
- Also, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on any other site.
- Our website's pages must load into a newly opened browser window of the user.